The Foundation is proud to administer multiple scholarship funds established by generous donors interested in furthering the educational pursuits of deserving students. Every year, the Foundation awards scholarships to students meeting the criteria required by the funds available; these include awards for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs of higher education.
The 2022 scholarship process is now closed.
In order to apply for scholarship with The Baptist Foundation of Alabama, the following qualifications and requirements must be met:
- Applicant is to be a bona fide resident of the State of Alabama.
- Applicant is to be a member in good standing of a Southern Baptist Church cooperating with the Alabama Baptist State Convention. (Seminary applicant is to be a member of a Southern Baptist church cooperating with the Southern Baptist Convention.)
- Applicant is to be classified as a full time student according to the school’s current catalog.
- Applicant must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- The Baptist Foundation of Alabama awards scholarships on an annual basis. All students must reapply each year. Scholarships are not renewable – Students must reapply each year to be eligible.
Please note that all documents should be scanned electronically and submitted online as a part of the application process. If students do not have scanning capabilities, documents may be mailed to The Foundation; however, scanned electronic document submission is strongly encouraged. A student’s application IS NOT complete unless all documents are attached and the application is submitted no later than midnight, March 31. Students whose online applications are incomplete in any way after March 31 will NOT be eligible to be awarded a scholarship. All additional attachments postmarked after March 31 will NOT be considered eligible for scholarships.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete all requirements. Failure to notify The Foundation of a school change once the application is submitted may result in loss of an awarded scholarship.
NOTE: The Foundation will communicate with applicants primarily through email. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check their email regularly (including spam folder) for reminders, application questions, application rejections, application acceptances, and final award results. Failure to check email may result in loss of a potential award.
Please read the attached FAQ pdf below before accessing the application form. It may answer some of your questions. However, if your question isn’t listed, contact Stephanie Coston at (334) 394-2000 for more guidance.